Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Finding Ideas

Yesterday, I spent the day working with my brother. He was moving. How is it that even though I don't get tapped for the packing and carrying part of things anymore, but I still get the clean up duty? Oh wait, I can answer that! I used to clean houses for a living! Today turned into one giant fight with my body. Hello... Dipstick...If you haven't done something for a while, you're body makes you sore the next day out of revenge. I know it's lactic acid in the muscles and joints that aren't used to certain motions, but it sounds more interesting when I say it's revenge.

For the last week or so, my fingers, wrists, and arms have been complaining. Yesterday's cleaning spree just made them louder. I sat down and typed out 1 report. A 5 minute dictation took me over an hour! Why? Because my fingers refused to cooperate with the signals my brain was trying to send them. I finally just took some Tylenol and ibuprofen and laid down. I went to sleep right away and woke 6 hours later feeling more like myself.

I'm not sure why my fingers, wrists, and arms are so achy. I'm wondering if it's the fibromyalgia that I was diagnosed with last month. I really should do more research about it. Right now, I know that it's a chronic pain condition where the muscles are sent inappropriate signals through the nerves telling them to feel pain. I don't know if regular use of certain muscles will increase the signals or if sudden use of muscles that aren't used to it will increase the signals. Knowing more about it will probably help me to not provoke increases in the pain signals. I do know that sometimes it's more about just rolling with the punches.

I've been reading through a couple of the blogs started by my fellow Career Step students and alumni. Both of these ladies have great insights into MT, the career and learning how to become an MT. They've inspired me to increase my posting frequency and work on the content. http://virtuallytheretranscriptionists.blogspot.com/ and http://clubhousemt.blogspot.com/

I started this blog when I knew I was going to be enrolled in the Career Step Transcription course and then got so busy with the school and forum that I let it slide. Of course, as you've probably noticed, life has also been an issue.

It's interesting that I never really thought about what it would be like after I graduated. I just thought about what the training is and trying to do my best with that. After searching through my own experience with the school and how active I've been in the forum, I realized that I really do have a lot to say.

Along with spending dedicated time with reports, I'm going to mine my posts on the forum and work through some of the issues I have posted and commented on there. Ideas have to come from somewhere. Right? Well, let's see how it goes.

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment