Sunday, November 28, 2010

IT'S TAKEN ME LONGER THAN I WANTED

It's been a while since I've written anything. I guess I should start by saying that I slowed way down after getting a little way into the first section of reports.

There were a lot of things going on that contributed to the breakdown of consistently hammering out reports. Part of it was frustration with stuff going on at home and part of it was frustration because I couldn't concentrate. (Because of the stuff going on at home.) Vicious circles, gotta love 'em.

Basically, financial issues and stress pushed me into a tailspin of worry. Never having been one who could live in the now, dealing with tomorrow when it gets here, I tend to let things overwhelm me. Considering that I had no clue how the next month's bills were going to get paid, I was definitely overwhelmed!

Half of the financial issues have been dealt with, but there are still a lot of concerns coming up. I've been better dealing with not knowing where some of the money will come from because there is at least something coming in on a regular basis.

As far as my reports go, I'm doing a lot better now! I'm getting anywhere from 5 to 10 reports finished a day. That's not working constantly or even in dedicated blocks of time, which I really need to be doing if I want to get finished with the course and start working.

I've made a promise to myself that I will spend 5 to 8 hours of dedicated REPORT time daily for the next week and see where that leaves me. If it turns out that this feels good and I'm getting good grades on each report then I know I've found the answer to the problem I created for myself by letting worry overwhelm me for too long.

I really want to get finished with these reports within the next couple of months so that I can start applying for jobs toward the end of the hiring slow down. The slow down usually happens from November to February. That should give me plenty of time to get my act together!

How's that for positive thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment