Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good News!

I found out yesterday afternoon that I will be reinstated on Social Security Disability! After months and months and months of waiting this is huge news! I was so scared for so long that we'd be trying to all live off my mom's Social Security. That's a joke for 1 person, but 4? Ridiculous!

I started swimming yesterday as well. We'll see how that goes. I wasn't expecting my neck to be an issue with this, but it seems that holding my head up for the breast stroke is a bad thing. Either that or I'm finally getting the headache people talk about from food withdrawal. Caffeine, sugar, and salt. All gone. I'd say that qualifies as being withdrawal worthy!

I am so close to finishing BAC I can taste it! 98% as of yesterday. Only a few more pages to go! This week is somewhat iffy as to what I can accomplish though. There's a lot of food prep that I had to do for my diet. I'm glad I did it, but need to figure out and stick to a routine. I've never been much of a routine kind of person, so that's kind of hard. This week is also iffy because I have to take mom to her appointment, then she's got another one out of town. It's going to be strange not having her here with me and I really don't know how I will react.

My goal though is to finish the last of these reports tonight and tomorrow.

I feel like if I could get my sleep under control I could set up some kind of workable schedule to get everything accomplished. This is very frustrating. The sleep medication makes me sleep too late the next day, but when I don't take it, I'm up all night. This is so not working!

Think, Think, Think! There's a way to make this work, there is. I've got to figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. Caffeine withdrawals are a beast. I typically don't drink caffeine, but if I have a glass of tea at a restaurant (always caffeinated, don't believe them if they tell you otherwise), I'll have a HUGE headache the next day that won't go away, regardless of how much Tylenol I take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niff! It's so good to hear from you! How are things going for you? Have you found THE job?

    There were several possibilties as to where my headache came from. I'm really surprised I haven't had a more severe reaction to not eating the things I used to. Sugar? Not so major. Caffeine? I miss it a little bit. Salt? I'm not missing it as seasoning at all, though I did notice a low blood pressure symptom.

    Then, I picked up a cold my kids had been dealing with. I was hoping it would bypass me. Ah well!

    ReplyDelete