Monday, January 10, 2011

Kind of Off Topic - Do I really have a topic? Sometimes.


This is my when-I-was-working-and-not-sitting-all-day picture!

Being overweight for a lifetime trained me to be a lot camera shy. There aren't a lot of pictures I would even consider sharing.

Now, for the scary one.
Last night's photoshoot
This was taken just last night. No, I'm not "sticking out my gut." It really looks like that!

It's not as if I thought I was getting bigger. It's not like my eating changed. My clothes fit a little tighter. I didn't have much energy. I don't even weigh a "lot" more than I used to. But... the picture isn't lieing to me. I used to have a shape. Now I've got too much shape!

 I stopped moving.

 My stomach expanded like I'd put a couple watermelons in it. This is so depressing. But, it's also motivating.

It's time, and past time, to make a for real change. If this happened to me, I can just imagine what happens to many people who get involved in Medical Transcription training and Working from Home.  Please forgive me for the candid photos. They're very difficult for me to look at too.
I can clean up better, as evidenced by my profile photos. I can look nice in dressup-type clothes. I just thought that I wanted to be as honest and unartificial as possible for the pre-diet picture.

What I'm going to be adding to my posts are occasional statements of weight lost, inches lost, how I feel, whether I'm making progress or have gone backwards. For some this may hold lots of interest and for others no interest whatsoever. I just think that I need to hold myself accountable to my stated goal of being healthier, exercising, and losing this weight. I need to figure out how all this fits in with the Transcription lifestyle and the kinds of things that crop up as challenges that I never thought were going to be issues.

Start Date:  1-08-11
Weight: 220
Exercise: 15 minutes light execise band
Food: 5 meals a day. No dairy, fat, sugar, salt, red meat
Water: Lots
So far, I haven't been hungry. I'm eating every 2-3 hours. They're very small meals, but they seem to be keeping my cravings for sugar and salt at bay. I'm kind of surprised by that. I'm drinking nothing but water at the moment. Until the weight is gone, I really don't want to sabotage myself by enabling the screaming I will hear from my taste buds. So, I'm not even indulging in my caffeine habit. It's been a couple days and I don't miss it.

I'm supposed to get the Aquatic Center membership tomorrow/today. As soon as that happens I will be adding Water Aerobics and swimming laps to the exercise. The idea is to either get there very early in the morning, or get there mid-day and get my exercise in, then work on reports and keeping up with my friends online. I'm pretty sure this is going to be the really tough part for me. Getting out of bed and jumping to attention is not my idea of morning. However, I've got a goal! I'm going to do it anyway.

My goal? To be healthy and have a body I can be proud of.

Is it going to be hard? Absolutely


1 comment:

  1. Well, most people like me don't really stop moving. You have to take care of the family most of the times and at your free time, you get to work as an MT. It's tiring sometimes but the economy doesn't really allow that much of a free time out of us.

    ReplyDelete