Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wait, Wait, Wait. Can I just get started already?

I was told by my vocational rehabilitation counselor that I would be getting my enrollment for the Career Step medical transcription this week. Actually, I was told that I was going to be called either Monday or Wednesday. I've been working on getting my actual training for the last two months. (I tell you there's only so much typing practice I can handle in a day.)

I finally got the call on Thursday! Woohoo! "We've got some forms that have to be signed and returned and then we can authorize payment. Probably sometime the week of the 7th." Woohoooooouuuummm More waiting is in my future apparently. Does anyone besides me have a teensy, tiny issue with patience?

I was going to be down at the office Thursday afternoon on an unrelated issue and spotted my vr counselor and his assistant. I flagged them down and asked for clarification on how things were going and what was being done. They asked if my ears were burning, because they had just been talking about me.

Apparantly, the form that was sent to the school, signed, and faxed back wasn't acceptable to government agencies. Real, honest to goodness signatures with actual pen ink was what they wanted. C'mon peoples, can't you just get the fax information, sign me up, enroll me, and then get the "real" paperwork sent in the mail? But, nope. I'm at the mercy of the US Postal Service and the State of Idaho and the Vocational Rehabilitation office (which is another part of the state bureuacracy).

After, all the paper faxing, signing, faxing, mailing, and shuffling through internal mail, etc., it will apparently be about a week.

In all fairness, the counselor told me I could go shopping for my computer tomorrow. "Come by at 9 am, get the plan and voucher, go to the store and pick up just what is on this list."

I guess this week hasn't been a total bust in my progress toward education. This weekend I get the computer set up, work the kinks out of my office set up, play with all the lovely new buttons and gadgets, programs, and software and then maybe, just maybe, USP, Career Step, the State of Idaho, and Voc. Rehab can get me enrolled.

Maybe then I'll be able to do something besides looking for sites with cool articles to load into my typing practice sites. Who knows, maybe I'll just forget about the week by sleeping through it.

It's exhausting, trying to keep up with all the dates, times, meetings, changes, one person saying this is going to happen, another person saying that is going to happen.

Maybe I should look at the wait as a blessing... on second thought, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment