Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well, it's the 26th of May and I'm still waiting. Supposedly, I will recieve a call today about financing my course and a voucher for the computer, equipment, and software I can pick up at Staples. It's 1:30 p.m. now and the office closes in just a few hours. I hate waiting!

I guess this just shows that I'm not a very patient individual. Ask my kids about it! When they have chores to do, it makes me very cranky to hear, "I'll get to it!" Oh, they do know how to push that button!

I'm getting sick on top of everything else. Joyful days ahead for me. Sore throat, coughing, fevers, lack of appetite, everything tastes weird, and all of the other wonderful gross things we try not to mention in polite company. Waiting, impatience, and not feeling well are not best buddies in my world!

While I don't have a choice in some matters involving my schooling, I can and do take care of other things. My typing speed is improving, but I seem to have reached a plateau. Now, I'm working on accuracy as that seems to be even more important in Medical Transcription than speed. Everyone who talks about typing in the forums and productivity sites I look at has two things to say: Your speed will come and be accurate. The only other thing they say about typing is that their typing skills need improving. Well, duh, doesn't eveyone's?

I really like this site for people who are past the "beginner" learning-to-type stage.
http://keybr.com/

The really great thing about it is that it's very basic, but allows you to practice your typing on things you really want to read anyway. There's this great feature that is called "custom". It allows you to go to a site anywhere on the web and copy and paste information into it. I've been using it to read other blogs, educational texts, and tips and tricks for medical transcription success. I get to do two things at once: practice my typing, increasing speed and accuracy and learn new things or research things that interest me anyway!

I really hope people enjoy the site as much as I do.
Now if only I could stop coughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment